Donating to ReStores
Donations made to our ReStores are tax-deductible and 100% of the proceeds support Habitat's mission. Plus, you'll be keeping good, reusable items in use and out of landfills. The ReStores receive new and gently-used donations from individuals, building supply stores, contractors, home builders, interior designers, and Brevard businesses.
Please take a moment to review our Accepted and Unaccepted Items list below. The purpose of this list is to provide a general outline for items we do and do not accept; however, it is not complete. We encourage you to fill out call with any questions you have regarding your donation.
What we Accept:
What we DO NOT Accept:
• Dishwashers (no older than 5 years)
• Water Heaters (no older than 5 years)
• Range Tops
• Range Hoods
• Small Appliances (toasters, blenders, grills, etc.)
• Washing Machines
• Wine Coolers/Fridges
• Air conditioners
*Unless marked otherwise, all appliances must be less than 10 years old. All appliances must be in fully functional working condition without any missing pieces or parts.
• Sofas and Loveseats (Sectional Sofas must be complete)
• Chairs (Living room, Dining Room, Reclining, Office, Etc.)
• Mattresses’ (less than 1 year old, in like new condition)
• Box-Springs (less than 1 year old, in like new condition)
• Table sets with chairs (minimum requirement 2 chairs with table)
• Coffee/End Tables
• Bedframes (Complete set with headboard, footboard, rails, and slats)
• Night Stands
• TV Stands
• Framed Mirrors
• Bookshelves/Upright Shelves
• Storage Bins
• File Cabinets
*All furniture must be fully assembled without any missing pieces/parts. All furniture must be free of major scratches, mold, and major wear & tear. Upholstered items with damage, rips, stains, tears, and / or pet hair/smoke odors, discoloration will be subject to denial.
• Doors (interior, exterior, closet, bi-fold, commercial, etc.)
• Plywood (half or full sheets only)
• Insulation (half or full sheets only)
• Drywall (half or full sheets only)
• Plexiglass (half or full sheets only)
• Unused Lumber (new lumber, no cuts, no nails)
• New Flooring (In box)
• New Trim (quarter round, baseboard, door trim, crown moulding, etc.)
• Fencing (full panels only)
• Dishes (boxed up and wrapped)
• Silverware/Tupperware (boxed up)
• Pots and Pans (boxed up)
• Linens/Pillows (boxed up, or in bag)
• Picture Frames (boxed up)
• Home Décor (boxed up)
*All housewares must be boxed up for safe transport on our donation truck. Please make sure that all housewares are in good condition, clean, with no cracks or chips.
• New Tile (In original box, no cracks, no broken pieces)
• New Flooring (In original box, no cracks, no broken pieces)
• Carpet (new or gently used, minimum room size 10’x10’)
• Area Rugs (new or gently used)
• Kitchen Cabinets (fully assembled, new or gently used)
• Bathroom Vanities/Cabinets (fully assembled, new or gently used)
• Countertops (less than 5 years old, new or gently used, no cracks)
*When removing cabinets (kitchen or bath), please inspect for mold before donating. If mold is present, please dispose of ethically.
• Lamps (floor and table)
• Lamp Shades (new or gently used)
• Hanging chandeliers
• Ceiling Fans (new or gently used in box)
• Ceiling Lights
• Wall Mount Lights
• Track Lighting
• Outdoor Lights (porch, pole, etc.)
• LED Light Bulbs Only (new or gently used)
• Cabinet Knobs and Pulls
• Door Knobs/Deadbolts (complete set)
• Power Tools (working condition, new or gently used)
• Hand Tools (new or gently used, rust free)
• Garden Tools (new or gently used)
• Toilets (complete, new or gently used)
• Toilet Seats (new or gently used)
• Sinks w/faucets (less than 5 years old, new or gently used)
• Plumbing Parts (pipes, fittings, etc.)
• New or gently used (must be energy efficient, must be fully assembled)
• Televisions (fully functional, less than 10 years old, flat screen)
• Radios (fully functional, less than 10 years old
• DVD/Blu-Ray players (fully functional, less than 10 years old)
• Gaming Systems (fully functional, no missing parts or pieces, excludes PC’s)
*Please make sure that all donated electronics are fully functional, and are not missing any parts or components that may make them inoperable.
Full Listing HERE
• NEW/USED CLOTHING (SHIRTS, PANTS, SHOES, HATS, SOCKS, ETC.)
• BOOKS, MAGAZINES, POSTERS.
• UPHOLSTERED ITEMS WITH DAMAGE, RIPS, STAINS, TEAR, AND OR PET HAIR, SMOKE ODORS.
• ANYTHING THAT ISN’T FULLY OPERATIONAL OR NEEDS PARTS.
• HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/CHEMICALS.
• APPLIANCES OLDER THAN 10 YEARS.
• FLOURESCENT BULBS.
• RUSTED METAL ANYWHERE.
• OLD/OPENED PAINT (MUST BE NEW, UNOPENED, FULL PAINT)
• CHILDREN’S TOYS, FURNITURE, AND/OR NURSERY ITEMS.
• PET CLOTHING, SUPPLIES, FOOD, AND/OR TOYS.
• DIRTY, TORN, STAINED LINENS AND/OR DECORATIVE PILLOWS.
• ENTERTAINMENT CENTERS.
• OFFICE DESKS (INCLUDES LARGE OR SMALL CONFRENCE DESKS, L-SHAPED DESKS, NON-OFFICE PRESSBOARD OR METAL DESKS)
• PARTS OF FURNITURE SUCH AS HUTCH TOPS, MISSING DOORS, PARTS OF SECTIONALS, ETC. IF ITEMS COME AS SETS, THEY MAY NOT BE BROKEN UP AND DONATED INDIVIDUALLY.
• WATER BEDS AND/OR WATER BED FRAMES.
• MEDICAL EQUIPMENT (WALKERS, CRUTCHES, CANES, OXYGEN TANKS, WHEELCHAIRS, ETC.)
• ORGANS AND PIANOS.
• MIRRORS WITHOUT A FRAME.
• USED BLINDS (NO NEW/USED BLINDS WITH PULLCORDS)
• NEW/USED WINDOW SASHES.
• NON-VINYL WINDOWS (NO WOOD FRAMES, ENERGEY EFFICIENT AND COMPLETE)
• UNDER-MOUNT SINKS, CAST IRON SINKS, AND USED FAUCETS.
• SHOWER DOORS (USED OR NEW)
• LARGE GARDEN/JACUZZI TUBS.
• CAST IRON BATHTUBS (NO CRAKS, LEAKS, OR REPAIRS)
• GARAGE DOORS.
• USED FORMICA COUNTERTOPS (MUST BE NEW AND UNCUT, MINIMUM 3 FEET IN LENGTH)
• USED AND/OR WARPED WOOD (NO WOOD LESS THAN 4 FEET IN LENGTH)
• INDIVIDUAL CABINET DOORS, DRAWERS, SHELF PIECES, ETC.
• TOOLS WITH ANY RUST AND/OR POWER TOOLS WITH MISSING PARTS (MUST BE COMPLETE)
• COMPUTERS/FAX MACHINES/ COPY MACHINES.
• SLIDING GLASS DOORS.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore of Brevard County
4515 Babcock St. Palm Bay, FL 32905