Our mission is a world where everyone has a decent place to live.
To carry out our mission, we partner with qualified individuals and families beginning with an orientation session, an application process followed by a series of activities leading up to the build of their new home.
Habitat's path to homeownership is an important and in-depth process, requiring hard work, time and dedication.
By working with us from beginning to end, we help prospective homeowners prepare for the various responsibilities of homeownership, including learning about personal finances, mortgages, the upkeep of a home, and much more.
How to get started:
Register and attend Brevard Habitat’s Homeownership Bi-annual Information Session-please note space is limited.
All communications regarding the Information Session will come from: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Information Session registration opens September 1, 2020 - Registration is now closed
- Spring Information Session registration opens February 1, 2021
- After completion of the Information Session, potential homeowners will go through a pre-screening process.
- If the potential homeowner passes the pre-screening process, they will need to gather a specified list of required documents.
- An appointment will be made to turn in required documents and complete a full application by a 3rd party partner.
- The completed application is submitted by the 3rd party partner and reviewed by Brevard Habitat.
- A home visit is scheduled and conducted by Brevard Habitat.
- The completed application packet is submitted to Brevard Habitat’s Board of Directors for review.
- Applicants will receive a letter of acceptance or non-acceptance (with a reason).