We offer home repair services to homeowners so they can continue to live in safe, decent homes for years to come. Some of our home repair work includes painting, landscaping, weatherization and minor repair services.
How does Home Preservation work?
Families partner with Habitat based on income, need and willingness to help.
- We use volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- An affordable loan is made to the homeowner to cover the cost of the work.
- Payments are placed in a revolving fund to help Home Preservation serve others in need.
Why do we offer these exterior maintenance services?
- Families need to live in safe and well-maintained homes.
- Neighborhoods become revitalized.
- Community connections are made.
- Affordable housing inventory is preserved.
Our home preservation program revitalizes the appearance of your home and neighborhood, and helps sustain affordable housing. In order to qualify, you must meet the following criteria:
- Own and occupy the house for which you are requesting repairs.
- Must have a sustainable source of income.
*Mobile and manufactured homes are not eligible.
Critical Home Repair
Habitat Critical Home Repair (CHR) provides urgent, major repairs at a discounted rate to keep homeowners safe and from being displaced from their homes. Critical Home Repair addresses health and safety concerns in several areas of the home. They include, but are not limited to:
- Air conditioning repair / replacement.
- Septic repair / replacement.
- Roof repair / repalcement.
In order to qualify you must:
- Be willing to repay an interest-free loan for the repair and complete eight (8) sweat equity volunteer hours.
- Fall between 30-80% of the Area Median Income (AMI).
Contact our Volunteer Coordinator at 321.728.4009x120 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a pre-screening interview.